A solid automatic tuner designed for high power rating - is that possible? Palstar shows us how it's done!
The Palstar "HF-Auto" Tuner is capable of a maximum power rating of 1800 watts (2 to 200 W carrier power when tuning). There are no clacking relays or stepper switches used in the device, but continuously variable components like a roller inductor or a large plate capacitor to ensure for a perfect match every time.
High power rating does not mean that you can't use QRP, too! The Palstar HF-Auto starts tuning with 2 watts already! With the built-in microprocessor tuning only takes 10 seconds tops, but usually even less (3-5 seconds). The large and well legible LC-display shows settings of the tuner like C and L settings, SWR, selected antenna output and more. The LC-Display makes operating the device very easy, a simple menu system helps to set various parameters easily.
The HF-Auto provides three arbitrary antenna outputs that are selected either manually or automatically depending on the frequency. Alternatively the tuner can be switched to "bypass" mode to deactivate it. Once settings for good SWR are found they can be saved automatically, which makes tuning next time even faster. The serial interface is used to upgrade the firmware. Power supply requires 12V, a DC cable with a connector for the tuner is included.
- Max. output power: 1800 Watt (160-10m) / 800 Watt (6m)
- HF Band: 6m - 160m
- Tuning time: max. 10, typ. 3-5 seconds
- Display: 4 line large print LC Display, backlight
- Capacitor: large plate variable differential (max. 5.5kV)
- Inductance: Roller inductor 16 µH on ceramic body, plus 10µH fixed inductor
- Outputs: 3x SO-239 coax connectors
- Power supply: 13.8V DC, 4A max.
- Chassis: Aluminium, hot dip galvanised of powder coated
- Dimensions: 318 mm × 165 mm × 419mm
- Weight: 11,3kg
- serial cable D-Sub 9pol.
- DC cable
- Manual English
Only the coax cable is needed to connect radio and tuner! No other connections necessary.
No customer comments for the moment.
5 other products in the same category: