The Kenwood handheld radio offers a huge number of functions for the ambitious radio amateur: First and foremost it's a richly equipped dual band radio for 2m and 70cm. With up to 5 W TX power (0.5 and 0.05 W selectable) and a good receiver it offers good coverage. Up to 1000 memories with many scanner functions offer all a radio amateur could ask for. The radio also offers CTCSS, DCS and DTMF tone control, Echolink operation is supported as well.
Two special features turn the TH-D72E into a perfect companion for travel: the built-in TNC and the built-in GPS antenna (SIRF-III™ chip). With this the radio becomes a very versatile APRS and Packet Radio machine. APRS operation is supported with a huge number of functions. An optional external GPS antenna can be connected as well. The GPS data can be stored in memory, for example to document a hiking trail. A USB interface (the first handheld radio with such a connector!) is used to export the data to a computer. Of course all APRS and Packet Radio functions can be used with an external computer as well. Additionally the TH-D72E can act as a stand-alone Digipeater, without computer.
Operating the TH-D72E is easy, all controls are well arranged. The LC clear dot-matrix display shows the current status. Most functions are accessible with a 4way rocker switch. A full 10-numbers keyboard (backlit keys) offers a lot of additional functions. The supplied 1800mAh LiIon battery offers a long duration. In addition many functions to save power are built-in.
Further features TH-D72E:
- Built-in GPS receiver SIRF-III™
- Up to 5 target programmable, display of direction and distance to target.
- GPS logger function, stores up to 5000 waypoints
- Export of GPS waypoints to KML for Google Earth™ (requires optional software)
- Connector for external GPS antenna
- Output of GPS NMEA data sets via serial port
- Built-in TNC for Packet Radio AX.25 operation
- APRS Transmitter and Receiver
- Supports Peet (and other) weather stations for APRS WX beacons
- Digipeater function
- USB connector, cable supplied
- Memories for easy Echolink operation (Call, Node number, Parameters etc.)
- DTMF tone functions
- DCS, CTCSS Tone squelch
- Two receivers on one band (VxV, UxU)
- Crossband operation possible, also in Packet Radio
- 1800mAh LiIon rechargeable battery included
- Charger, antenna, USB cable and belt clip supplied
- Manuals in 6 languages included (plus CD-ROM)
- Receiver covers 118-135MHz (AM), 136-173 (NFM), 320-523MHz (NFM)
Included in shipment:
- TH-D72E Radio
- Battery PB-45L
- USB Cable
- Belt Clip
- Printed, multilingual manual
- CD-ROM with comprehensive manual (PDF, english)
No customer comments for the moment.
1 other products in the same category: