The microHAM Station Master is the successor to the popular Band-Decoder, and offers a lot of additonal functions. With the Station Master you integrate a lot of devices of your shack: automatic antenna switching with the freely programmable band decoder, computer controlled rotator direction,, CAT control of your radio, switching of bandpass filters, a sequencer for amplifiers and last but not least the integration of your SteppIR antenna. With the iLink connection you can further integrate your existing soundcard interface by microHAM: works with Micro-Keyer, Micro-Keyer2, Digi-keyer, Micro-Keyer2R(+) etc.
The most control functions are derived from frequency and PTT information. This offers you 20 frequency dependent output switches to control an antenna switch (for example). Some antennas can be declared as receive only antenna, the Station Master will block transmitting on these antennas. Additionally a freely programmable sequencer is availabkle, for example to control the delayed switching of pre amplifiers or amplifiers.
The intelligent rotor control allows the use of nearly any rotor manufacturer and type. The position information may be an analog voltage (e.g. Yaesu, Hy-Gain) or a digital pulse (e.g. SPID). Depending on band and your individual setup the antenna will turn automatically, for example after entering just the prefix of a call or a locator (depending on your log program).
Several fixed antennas can be grouped into a 'virtual rotr', selecting the right antenna depending of the destination. This can be used with antennas like 4-Squares or Beverages.
If you use a SteppIR or Ultrabeam antenna, this can also be controlled by the StationMaster. This has several benefits. A SteppIR antenna directly coupled to your transceiver would follow each and every frequency change, even when another antenna is in use. The Station Master transmits control information to the variable antenna only if it also the active antenna. Another benefit is that large split offsets can be compensated, the antenna will not retune between Tx and Rx.
With the clearly arranged controls of the Station Master, practically all functions can be controlled from the front panel. This makes the operation independent of a computer, provided the band limits and setup has been programmed once before.
The built-in CAT interface allows to connect nearly any radio to the computer and the log software. Already existing microHAM interfaces can be integrated with the iLink port. The required 'iLink' cable (both sides 6p MiniDIN, 1:1) is included in shipment. We offer an optional 10 keys keypad MK-KEYPAD, see below.
Station Master Features
- Programmable Antenna, BPF, Rotor and PA controller.
- Twenty (20) programmable relay outputs.
- Integrated level converter for transceiver computer control port.
- Decodes all frequencies of connected transceiver, including 75m, 6m, VHF and UHF.
- Unlimited number of custom defined frequency segments "bands".
- Single USB connection to computer.
- Stand alone operation.
- Internal Rotator control.
- Virtual Rotators function.
- Separate RX/TX antenna support.
- Automatic Antenna Scan function.
- Separately programmable up to 20 outputs sequencer.
- Automatic power amplifier support.
- Fully compatible and simple integrated with microHAM "keyers" MK, DK, CK, MKII and MK2R.
- Proprietary SteppIR support for automatic tunning and protection.
- Hot Switch protection with user defined timing.
- TX Inhibit support for Yaesu's transceivers.
- Receive only antennas support.
- Optical isolation from computer.
- PS/2 keyboard or keypad with dual control of Station Master and microHAM "keyer".
- Integrated chokes and filters for maximum RFI immunity.
- Metal/Aluminum case, powder coated and silk screened.
- Free, no time limit firmware/software upgrades via Internet.
- Integrated level converter for CI-V, FIF-232, IF-232, or RS-232
- Up to 57600 Baud with fake handshake support
- Supports most Elecraft, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Yaesu and other radios
Antenna control (Port A):
- Ten (10) programmable relay outputs
- Configurable power for commonCompatible with all remote antenna switches using common ground or positive control.
- 13.8V positive
- external power, max. + 24V
Additional Antennas or BPF Control (Port B):
- Six (6) programmable relay outputs.
- Configurable power for common.
- 13.8V positive.
- external power, max. + 24V.
- Compatible with all automatic BPF on the market.
RX Antennas and TX Sequencer (Port B):
- Four (4) programmable relay outputs.
- Both poles of relay contact available.
- Independent settings of Lead and Tail delay for each sequencer output.
Internal Rotator Control:
- Three (3) programmable relay outputs.
- Both poles of relay contact available.
- Configurable support for BRAKE or SPEED control.
- Support for multi-turn rotators.
- Support for rotators with analog (pot) or discrete (pulse) azimuth read back.
- Programmable software limit switches.
- Dead zone definition.
- Target finding strategy selection for optimal handling.
- Support for "slipping" rotators.
- Four memories for most wanted azimuths.
- Automatic azimuth control from logger.
Virtual Rotator Control:
- Unlimited number of antennas can be joined to Virtual Rotator
- Programmable azimuth ranges for each Virtual Rotator antenna
- Automatic azimuth control from logger
- Unlimited number of Virtual Rotators per Band.
Power Amplifier Control:
- Automatic tunning for CI-V controlled automatic amplifiers (Icom PW1, Expert SPE, Tokyo Hy-Power)
- Automatic band switching for BCD controlled amplifiers (Yaesu VL-1000, FL-7000)
- Support for QSK Power Amplifiers.
Size: 230 x 130 x 45 mm (without protruding parts).
No customer comments for the moment.
19 other products in the same category: